Friday, February 8, 2013

Spreading the News

Growing in Theory: 
We were only 5 weeks pregnant. It seemed a little too soon to start telling people the news of our 3rd child. It wasn't that we are secretive about these things, it's just that people treat you different and it makes for a looong pregnancy!

Growing in Reality: 
I had a OB appointment. I had it scheduled before I found out I was pregnant. Nonetheless, I kept the appointment. Of course, Stryder was with me (as was Zeke, but I don't worry about him repeating things because it sounds like, "arr, baba, goo dadada").

My doctor gave me an ultrasound during this appointment. We had already been talking to Stryder about how babies grow in mommy's tummy. He had seen pictures of how baby looks too. So, when he got to see our baby, he was very excited and immediately asked if he could have the pictures. This sweet doctor printed out extra pictures so that Stryder could have his own!



I explained to Stryder that these pictures are very special, so he should take very good care of them.

He decided that they belonged in his Bible, because his Bible was also very special and he has to take very good care of that too. Proud momma, smiling here :)

Wednesday night comes along and it's time for church. Some of the teen girls were responsible for watching the youngins' during a meeting. This included my Stryder, who had his Bible....

Do I really have to explain the rest of the story? Let me just say, it was a very short lived secret. Which also meant I had to hurry up and tell some "important" family/friends before they heard it through the grapevine!

Sigh....


Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.  Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hands.  How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment