Friday, January 3, 2014

When your ready to blow your top, go on a treasure hunt!

Life in Theory: Adjuster comes out to fix car, get quote, get check, fix car, be on my way.
 
Life in Reality: Over a month later, still waiting...
"How do you deal with anger, when there is nothing you can do about it?" I pleaded for an answer from my mother on the phone today. After not having my car for over a month because of insurance circles (on a car accident that was not even remotely my fault); I was mad. I was tired of spending hours on the phone, leaving message after message, just to be thrown in circles. No one knew the answer, no one could help....ahhhhh!!!

I'm not dealing with lost souls here, I'm not even dealing with offended souls...but the amount of anger and frustration that was is continually building was is having a serious affect on my life, my children, my attitude, my____ fill in the blank and it's probably affecting that too!

It is simple, the innocent will be condemned in the fallen world. Not just the innocent in God, but because our world is becoming more corrupt my the moment- all innocence is being stomped on. 

What do we do about it? What I should be doing instead of writing this, basking in God's word, bathing in prayer, seeking him as if he were more precious than gold. It's actually that simple- but sometimes I think we don't want it to be. We want to have something that we can claim as fixing it, but all that soothes our soul is Him- only Him! 

We have heard over and over, seek him as a treasure, but why don't we? Imagine this- A man comes to your door and hands you a map (assuming we aren't in a fallen world, and somehow know this isn't a trap ;)). He says, "this map will bring you straight to hundreds of millions of dollars in gold. All you have to do is read it each  day, it will get you there." We wouldn't stop reading that thing. We wouldn't put it down, we would not care about the dishes, the laundry would pile up, we'd have our kids reading it out loud while we made lunch, we would be memorizing the locations just in case we lost it, our life would center around it. 

That's what it means when we say to seek Him as if we were seeking after a treasure.

So what do we do? If Christ becomes our treasure and His word becomes our map... I think the things of the world, the car, the un done dishes, the socks on the floor, the ____ won't really matter because they will no longer be our focus. They become merely things, in their rightful place-just things.  


Mathew 6: 33-34  
But seek FIRST his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things 
will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, 
for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment