Saturday, February 15, 2014

Guilttrip Lane: Do Not Enter

Day 12
Reality Check:
“I love You, O Lord, my strength.” Psalm 18:1
Can you believe we are only a few days away from Valentine’s Day? I hope you are growing in your love; I sure know I am teaching myself a lot! ;) I was a little stuck on what to write about for Day 12 and asked God to lead me to something specific. If you noticed today is actually Day 13…ooops!
I was feeling guilty for many reasons; I had lost all my strength! First, I didn’t write my post on time. 2nd, on day eleven, I wrote about not being idle. Although I wasn’t idle yesterday; I had spent many wasted hours on the days leading up to it.
dominoesThis caused me to not be ready for our Homeschool Valentine’s Party.
Which lead me to staying up all night.
 Which lead to a “ruff” morning, which lead to a crabby mommy, which lead me to here.
Thankfully, God can use ALL things for the glory of His people, and my mishaps will perhaps encourage you today!
My selfish idleness caused a domino effect, which essentially led to guilt. God reminded me that’s not the point! My boys received a magnetic scripture card that was on our fridge. “I love You, O Lord, my strength.” Conviction isn’t to make us guilty it’s to make us holy!
I’m reminded of a song I love…
Holiness, holiness is what I long for (that's what I long for)
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what
You want for me
So, take my heart and mold it
Take my mind, transform it
Take my will, conform it
To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord

So next time you are feeling guilty. Be encouraged because God is your strength! Instead of feeling guilty ask God what you can learn and then ask God to be your strength! He will take your heart, your mind, your will…..
day 12Practice: Don’t let guilt last, hum the song above and remember that because God loves you, you can love God and when you do- He is your strength! Download this song or learn it as a reminder that God is your strength!
Family Activity: I love the Valentine’s magnet that the boys got from their friend and I think your kids will too! Use the scripture from today and decorate a piece of paper. (Cardstock is good, or you can use cardboard from a cereal box for durability.) Use an old magnet and glue it to the back. At dinner time, take it down and use it to memorize as a family. For little kids make it into a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment