Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reality Jesus in a Car Seat

Life In Theory:
Read the account of Jesus on Christmas, have a meaningful conversation with Stryder about the birth of Christ.

Life In Reality:
Debate whether or not you allow your 3 year old to play with a glass nativity set- after all, we don't want to squelch his desire to learn about Christ. Discuss how Jesus didn't ride in the back seat of a car, that's why the manger set didn't come with a car seat!



I was excited to find Stryder rearranging the nativity scene. I jumped on the opportunity to explain how Jesus came as a baby. Only to be confused as to how to explain that Jesus is God, God is Jesus' father, and Joseph kind of was his dad too! My brother would laugh at me, and point out that's why we are so naive to believe this myth.

But I know the truth and honestly I was a little nervous that I would "mess" Stryder's faith up. But here's the reality-it didn't bother Stryder. It didn't confuse him and he was totally ok with my explanation. My worries were worthless, they didn't amount to anything and could have been a hindrance!

Now on to tackle Santa Claus!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Bible Gateway


No comments:

Post a Comment