Friday, February 8, 2013

The Blind Shall See

Life in Theory:
Stryder has a serious depth perception problem. The cups hit the floor instead of the table. Feet miss the step, and noses hit the chicken coop wires (see picture- the cage caught the outside and the inside of his nose- a bloody mess)! Well, the rest of the family has glasses, I guess Stryder needs them too!



Life in Reality:
We have an incredible eye doctor  ophthalmologist. He has been doing wonderfully with Zeke and apparently Timmi excelled with him. Let me explain.

Dr. S let us know that typically with 3 year olds, he cannot give a 100% accurate vision test. The problem with a 3 year old is that unless they participate and follow all the directions, he can't be certain about their diagnosis. He can give a close diagnosis but it's rare that he can be certain.

Here is Dr. S's diagnosis: You have a big problem on your hands, you have a boy. You have a bigger problem than that, he is a smart and curious boy. I can tell you with 100% certainty- it's not his eyes! His eyes are great, no problems! His mind is moving faster than his body and you are going to have a lot of accidents!

 Here is a typical Stryder accident. We have a bench at our kitchen table, at the end of the bench is a chair which has been there for over a year.  I had to move the chair for something the other day and afterward Stryder was playing on the bench, walking back and forth and BAM, I hear him hit the floor. As I pick him up, I explain that he has to watch where his feet are going. About and hour later, Stryder is making "tea" at the table and CRASH, he hits the floor again. Stryder what happened? "I fell again mom!" Not even 20 minutes later KABOOM. As I walk in there, Stryder states, "Mom, maybe we should put the chair back."

Hmmmm....I don't know how to react. Am I proud-he aced a test that most kids hardly participate in at his age, or do I worry because he is smart and curious? As he gets out the doctor's chair, he tumbles to the floor...just kidding! But I half expected it to happen. I guess I'm going to have to memorize scripture from last week's post...I think it's pertinent to this post today-

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Bible Gateway



No comments:

Post a Comment